[Debconf-discuss] Arrival date for main conference

I got almost as far as booking my flights and then noticed an inconsistency
in the calendar compared to 2010 and 2011.

Previously, the Debconf arrival date was on DebConf Day -1; that is, in
2010 it was Saturday 31st July and Debian Day was on the Sunday. That was
consistent with 2009 also (I didn't look further back than that).

The arrival date was also the first day of sponsored room and food.

For 2011 the arrival day isn't clearly marked on the calendar [1] and the
first day of sponsored room and food appears to be on Debian Day, Sunday
24th July.

Therefore, should I infer that the arrival day this year should be Sunday
24th July and not Saturday 23rd July?

1: http://debconf11.debconf.org/dates.xhtml

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51