Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 09:50 -0600, Marcelo Gutierrez wrote:

>         - buses and train schedules Zagreb <-> Banja Luka (and costs)
>
>  Buses > http://www.akz.hr/EN > 108, 123, 140 HRK (~14.8, ~16.8, ~19.1
> EUR).

Not so long ago there was talk of a conference provided bus from various
airports, in [0] Adnan Hodzic said (in reply to John Goerzen):
        > 5) Where can I find information on the costs and expense of the bus from the
        > Zagreb airport to Banja Luka?  Does it take me directly to the hotel area?

        We're planning to have free organized transport from Airport (Zagreb,
        Sarajevo) to (Venue) in Banja Luka.

Is this plan going ahead? It would certainly be very useful to know
about (and advertise) if so.

One alternative option I'm considering is to fly to Ljubljana and hire a
car to drive to Banja Luka since from Cambridge I can easily get to
Stansted from where I can get a cheapish easyjet flight to LBJ, compared
with a ~2 hour drive to Heathrow for a more expensive flight to Zagreb
the overall cost works out around the same ballpark and the total travel
time seems to be roughly the same too.

Perhaps the practicalities of taking a hire car across multiple borders
will make this plan infeasible (plus it looks like TomTom only has
partial coverage in the region). Does anyone local have any advice on
this?

Ian.

[0]http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20110225.235730.6ca20d22.en.html
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: The Moody Blues - Ride My See-Saw

"It's like deja vu all over again."   -- Yogi Berra