Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf videos on Youtube?

Steve Langasek dijo [Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 03:23:34PM -0700]:
> > Many countries will deny you entry if your passport is valid for less
> > than six months.
>
> Right - they main reason it's not safe is because countries may arbitrarily
> not let you in, despite the fact that the passport is valid until well after
> your visa is up. :P
>
> (But my passport was due to expire August 11, and that would have been
> cutting it a little close anyway, so I've renewed already. :)

FWIW this rule was told to me by a Nicaraguan border officer... as I
entered their country with 6 months and 3 days on my passport, and
left with 5 months and ~29. Fortunately, he told me on my way out.