Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debconf runners: morning run planned Fri 30th 8am

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 08:12:18PM -0400, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Subject says it all. We'll meet at 8am in front of Carman
> building. "Plans" include:
>
> - either walking quietly to Central Park (about 1km distance down to
> 110th St-Cathedral Pway, which is NW corner of Central Park), then run
> in Central Park. Possible loops are mentioned on
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&msa=0&ll=40.794546,-73.956571&spn=0.015497,0.037336&t=h&z=15&msid=112674109703111277943.00048c8f0429ae50e9be5:
> 	- small "Up" loop (1.57mi or 2.5km)
> 	- Down to Reservoir then up (2.57mi or 4.1km)
> 	- Down to Reservoir then a loop around Reservoir (3.46mi or
> 	5.6km) plus as many loop around the Reservoir as you want
> 	(1.57mi or 2.5km)..:-)

FYI, this is the loop I took a couple of days ago:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110149481690980898742.00048c61c9debbf48a0ff&z=14

It's ~10KM, and since the terrain is varied, it's a very pleasant run.
The only downside is that it's all road running, and that in the morning
there are cars around (so be careful).

regards,
iustin (in NY but not yet at DebConf)