Re: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net pointing at the DebConf10 local mirror?

On 07/29/2010 11:27 AM, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> My default repository is cdn.debian.net:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/02/msg00700.html
>
> It seems that more and more people are using it and d-i would like to
> use it as well:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2010/05/msg00015.html
>
> Would it be possible to add a local DNS entry for cdn.debian.net to
> resolve to the local mirror instead of mirrors1.kernel.org
> (149.20.20.135), as it does now?  I would prefer not to change my APT
> sources :-)

We don't control the local DNS here.  But whoever manages cdn.debian.net
could point that to the columbia mirror for queries from IP addresses in
the 128.59.0.0/16 range.  I don't know if Columbia's mirror's unusual
repository path (/pub/linux/debian/debian) would cause problems for an
unchanged config, though.

	--dkg