Debian mirror CDN had launched.

Hi all,
I am a member of debian mirror administration team in Japan.

  I announce I start cdn.debian.net.

At 2008-Feb-05, we had started "cdn.debian.org" on global Debian Mirrors.

This CDN checks your hosts DNS query to retrive your national location.
- If your located country has Debian Mirror, return this mirror site IP address.
- If your located continent has Debian Mirror, return this mirror site IP address.
- If CDN can not find your location, return one of Japan mirror.
- This CDN checks debian rsync mirror process. If mirror site is mirroring, CDN hides this site.

Usage:

  Please use following apt line in /etc/apt/sources.list.

  deb http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

  Of course, you can change from 'sid' to etch/lenny/stable/unstable....

Technology and Codes:
  At first, CDN find requester IP's location by Max-mind DB.
  Max-mind DB is same DB file for geoip-bin.deb package.

  At 2nd, CDN checks nation/continent rsync footprint on each mirrors.
  In order to avoid dead/old/partial mirror.

  At last, CDN return nation/continent IP address by DNS-balance (http://openlab.jp/dns_balance/dns_balance.html)

History:
  - From July 2007, cdn.debian.or.jp was distributing debian mirror by
    With dead/alive chcked wighted Round-Robin CDN in some
    debian mirroring sites in Japan.
  - From Oct 2007, ftp.jp.debian.org use this.
  - Feb. 2008, ftp.jp.debian.org return your world nearest site by MaxMind.

Call for Paticipate:

  Now only three DD (these three are Japan residents only) write code and
  manage system.
  Actually, we don't have kowledge of all resion/country/continent networks.
  Please help us and all of Debian APT users!

  If you have some idea, question and suggestion, please contact me.
  Of course, I welcome to talk about this in debian-devel!.

  All codes are maintained by SVN at https://osdn.debian.or.jp/repos/cdn/trunk/.
  Code licence is GPL. I think these codes are usable for other purposes.

Contact:
  ARAKI Yasuhiro <ar@debian.org> as leader.
  MUTO Kenshi <kmuto@debian.org> as coordinator of debian-installer.
  ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@debian.org> as Debian mirror coordinator.