Re: [Debconf-discuss] Arrival "coordination"

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 01:11:52PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > For this to happen, filling in
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/TravelCoordination helps
> > knowing who is arriving through the same airport/station/submarine
> > than you and try travelling together up to the DC place. Don't forget
> > filling in your details! See other entries for good examples.
> So since penta no longer exposes attendance information for us even if we're
> registered, it would be nice if people who are attending and aren't
> irrationally paranoid about the world knowing they're going to be at DebConf
> would mark it on this page.  Even if you can't be bothered to look up your
> arrival info and only put your name, it's helpful to know who's going to be
> there and short-circuit the n^2 exchanges of "are you going to DebConf?"
> that otherwise follow. :)

At the conference you could ask DCschedule in private query on OFTC like
"has vorlon arrived?" and it will answer if frontdesk saw the person
in question check-in.  Of course your points are all still valid and it's
a tad annoying that "share you travel information" is not obeyed by
Penta.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern