Re: [Debconf-discuss] Paying Renfe with VISA (was: How to get the "web" rate for Madrid...)

"W. Martin Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> On 2009-06-02 17:58, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > I usually use Master Card and it is ok as well, yes.
>
> I seem to have problems with my German VISA card. Are there any
> known problems?

A month or two ago, it worked with my VISA but refused my wife's,
or the other way.  It was stupid because both are on the same bank.

> (When will be train travelling at least half as easy as flying?
> Renfe, SNCF, Deutsche Bahn, their web shops all are broken.)

Probably when ticket sales there are opened to competition: IIRC, the
UK rail network opened to competition and nearly all the operators
produced broken web shops, then two half-decent ones (qjump and
trainline) appeared and the operators slowly replaced their guff with
those.  Now most of them web shops work for most people most of the
time (apart from the horrible credit card iframes), but innovation has
slowed again: only a few companies offer e-tickets or m-tickets on a
few routes for a few ticket types.

Sorry - I'll get my goat.
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software
Notice http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html        |  .... op