Re: [Debconf-discuss] Please don't upload GPG keys to keyserver?when signing them

Hi there,

On Thursday 06 August 2009 15:08:50 Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Jan Wagner (waja@cyconet.org):
> > .oO(*note* don't keysign with Petter Reinholdtsen for now)
>
> I wouldn't go to such drastic decisions, particularly with
> Petter and I'm not really sure that fingerpointing really helps.

I'm not fingerpointing in any way, really. :)

On Thursday 06 August 2009 12:16:30 Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Jan Wagner]
>
> > .oO(*note* don't keysign with Petter Reinholdtsen for now)
>
> No problem.  I do not believe we know each other, so that is just as
> it should be. :)

Meeting each other before signing keys would be a nice requirement at least.
:)

On Thursday 06 August 2009 15:28:45 Sami Liedes wrote:
> Why not? If you are sure that the identity is correct and that the
> e-mail addresses are correct (through your use of caff), the only
> thing your signature can do is strengthen the web of trust. I would
> sign in that case.

My rant wasn't about any process of knowing each other or verification of
anything. I was only thinking about anyone uploading my key with his (maybe
broken [for example sha1 signed]) signature on it.
Many people did send me my signed keys several time, some more that 5 times.
Imaging that these people uploaded the signature again and again would bloat
my key on the servers a lot. When sending me these signatures, I can verify
them first and if all looks good, I can upload them for my own.

Just my 2 Euro-Cents, Jan.
--
Never write mail to <waja@spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!