[Debconf-discuss] For those who care about cheap, veggie-friendly, abundant food in Madrid

So, the 6:45 train groeup managed to arrive to Madrid, very badly
slept, but anyway... I missed some of them who I had not yet said
goodbye to. Well, 100% coverage is a theoretical maximum after all!
Lucas got to see me quite distressed, moneyless and unable to lodge my
bulky 30Kg suitcase (including bike and wine).

Anyway, I managed to get things in their proper arrangement, and
started walking to get some things done in Madrid. After taking care
of said businesses, very close to Puerta del Sol (metro Sol), my body
started claiming for food, as fresh as possible. And even more, for
water. I remembered the recommendation some days ago to some green
thingy outside Chamartín, so I was looking on how to get there.

A woman was handing flyers for a restaurant. She took my eye - Not
because of any æsthetical reason, but because she was promoting that
precise place, Salads & Co. This place is _a_w_e_s_o_m_e_. I would eat
here every day if it were my call. It seems to be very new, as
customers all get the explanation on how to eat here.

There is a very long cold salad bar, 95% veggie-friendly (I only found
so far the dreaded bits of chicken for good taste on one of the
salads). The hot food bar is much smaller, and it has pizza,
spaghetti, potatos and grilled chicken. There is free refill of Pepsi
products, and a small dessert section that is frankly not of much
interest to me. Oh! And there is free wifi, so I expect to stay here
for at least 1hr. Lets see if it is good enough for some VoIP phone
calls I must make.

There are five such restaurants:

• Ctro. Comercial Parque Sur
  Avda. Gran Bretaña S/N
  28916 Leganés

• Ctro. Comercial Isla Azuul
  Calderilla, 1
  28054 Madrid

• Ctro. Comercial La Vaguada
  Avda. Monforte de Lemos, 36
  28029 Madrid

• Ctro. Comercial Cuadernillos
  Carretera Madrid-Barcelona (N-II) KM 34
  28802 Alcalá de Henares

• Calle Preciados 36
  Just by Plaza Callao, ~300m from Plaza del Sol
  28013 Madrid

So, I paid €7.95 (or was it 8.95? Can't recall). They have another
promotion: Until September 17, Sunday through Thursday starting 18:00
they work at 2x1.

So, if you are at Madrid or around it... Take a look at this place.

No, they didn't pay me for the publicity. They only fed me and kept me
happy. Very happy!

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244