Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG keysigning?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:37:57PM +0300, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Some of those people decided to sign my key although I had no contact
> with them before
> or after the KSP.
>
> IMO, *that* is plain wrong!
>
> Good thing that I revoked that key meanwhile.

So what, if any, steps should I take to make the DebConf KSP most
effective for me?  From the way it's being discussed, my identity could
be especially hard to verify.

I don't live near any other DDs.  I don't know any other DDs (personally.
I know *of* plenty).  No other DDs know me.  I've only met one other DD
in person, for a couple hours, to get my key signed when I got into
Debian back in 2001.  I'm not particularly sociable in IRC or on the
mailing lists (trying to get better at that).

DebConf will be my first chance to be around a lot of DDs, start to get
to know people, and (I hope) get more connected in the WoT.

I will have a US passport (and a US driver's license, for whatever
that's worth), and I can sign with my old key, but that's all.  If that
is not good enough to verify my identity, is there anything I can do to
help the situation?

Looking forward to this,

--
paul, the