Re: [Debconf-discuss] Motorbike trip to Cáceres

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 02:19:24PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> Third one: this time, I'll actually do it too :-)

Well, actually, I should add the same warning: DebConf7 I announced
that, but then escaped as well ;), this time is the good one!

>   Hmm.  I was "planning" to arrive in Cáceres on the 23rd myself,
> but that could change.  I don't have a precise work plan for Debcamp
> though, and I fear I'd mostly hack on random stuff.  I guess I could
> promise to work on FusionForge's SCM plugins, but I hope to have
> them done in the meantime.

Well, if you put it that way, I'm sure I can gently "offer" you some
task to work on which I need for forge.ocamlcore.org ;)

>   I suggest you make a stop in Montpellier.  It's about the same
> distance from Paris, and "only" an hour and a half from Marseille.  Then
> I can provide hosting for the night, or lunch, or cold beverages, or
> whatever.  This is not reserved to motorbike riders, by the way :-)

Sounds good, thanks in advance and anyhow for the offer!

>   2000 km?  I was counting about 1200 km from Montpellier, and it
> shouldn't be much longer (if at all) from Bordeaux... did you plan
> on following windy roads maybe?

I think the difference is mostly due to considering north-Italy as the
starting point or rather Montpellier ... Possibly, Luca was also
considering first reaching me in Paris and stop by, and only then
leave for DebConf9.

> > Is anyone else interested?
>   I am.

I suggest then waiting a week or so for "interested" people, and then
discuss details in private mails to not bother other
not-so-easy-riders subscribed to this list.

>   On a side note, I'm happy to see that Navit has now entered Debian,
> although I haven't managed to get it to display any kind of map yet,
> either on my desktop PC or on my Freerunner.  I sure hope this'll get
> fixed before Debconf and we can get there by following OSM data ;-)

I will for sure not comfortable in being guided by two guys having
confidence in OpenMoko-s, so I'll be the one bringing plain old paper
Europe atlas :-P (SCNR)

Cheers.