Re: [Debconf-discuss] Registration for DebConf9 opened

Steve Langasek dijo [Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:31:25AM -0700]:
> > Well, we could do it like in previous year(s?), where the participants
> > payed.  I think having a social, non hacking activity in the big room is a
> > very good thing.
>
> I agree that the social aspects of DebConf are important.  But I also wonder
> if dedicating a full day of the conference to a day trip doesn't appear
> frivolous to would-be sponsors, especially in these times:  if the sponsors
> don't have the same perspective wrt the social factor, they could see this
> as "getting less for their investment", even if it's the case that attendees
> pay their own way for the day trip.

Consider how few two-week conferences are there (for extra points,
conferences where work does not stop because it is weekend or
whatnot), and you will probably realize one less productive day still
leaves you with huge amounts of working time.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23