[Debconf-discuss] This years assassins game

Hi

This years assassins game will start today! In case you haven't signed
up for it yet, do so now, using
https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/person

If you already subscribed: Be prepared. Get the nuclear bomb^Wsocks out of
your luggage, the game starts at noon AKA 12:00AM (local time in Mar del
Plata).

Compared to the last years there are some small changes in the way the
game will be held:

 - This year there is a part in our Conference Management system,
   the target assignments are no longer done by a human.

   This means - login at https://penta.debconf.org/penta/assassins/ to
   see your target (after the game started).[1]#

 - Come back to that page after you killed your target, to tell the
   system about it.

 - Alternatively come back to this page after you have been killed to
   confirm the kill. (After your assassin marked you dead in his
   interface, so wait a minute or two, but be fair and don't take a
   large amount of time - your assassin might want to be effective and
   kill another one).

For more information, and the actual rules of the game, please look at
the wikipage http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf8/Assassins  -  we will
keep this page updated in case we have to change the management system in
an incompatible way.[2]

[1] You might want to do this while no one is looking over your
shoulders, might be your target. :)

[2] Its a new part of it. Bear with us, its an alpha version :)

--
bye, Joerg
<dilinger> i just managed to procrastinate an extra 30 mins by reading