[Debconf-discuss] Clarification of my "situation" at DebConf

I'm one of the people who Orga Team has punished because of the hotel
registration issue.

First of all is important for you to understand that I did not check-in
with neither my own name nor another person's name because I did not
check-in at all when I arrived. We arrived approximately at 13hs after
driving 400 Km from Buenos Aires city and I went directly to park the
car and after that, to have lunch. I have no idea what happened at the
hotel reception, I did no participate in the check-in process. That
means that the only one fact that Orga Team have against me is not true!!

I'm not stupid, I already know that my hotel reservation starts from
Saturday 9th and I planned to contact Orga team during that day to make
the arrangements to stay one night to help on the debconf setup, I have
experience organizing these kinds of events and I know that's common to
change dates on-the-fly when you receive people from all parts of the world.

Unfortunately Orga Team judged me within the 3 hours from my arrival and
before I had the chance to give any sort of explanation, they sentenced
for me, having no right to defend myself, or explain whatsoever.

After Orga team communicated us the decision, we tried to talk about
this, but we always got the same answer, "the decision was taken and
cannot be changed"... at the end of that horrible day, and without our
complete sponsorship, we decide to return to Buenos Aires. You can
figure out why I said "horrible day" and why we had to back home reading
this post [1].

There is no justification to give this treatment to a volunteer who is
tying to help debconf set up, you should review this irrational
situation, and understand the big mistake the Orga Team has made, before
something like this happens again.

[1] http://mltplanet.livejournal.com/582.html

gacq.-