Re: [Debconf-discuss] [tourist info] _daily_ long distance buses in north Argentina?

Hi Stefano,

2008/8/1 Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>:
> Hi all,
>  shameless tourist information request for our beloved Argentinian
> hosts. I'll be traveling in the north of Argentina after DebConf8, my
> main idea to move around is using the wonderful long distance buses
> which I'm being told are available among most of the cities I'm
> interested in.
>
> While I've found distances and trip durations, I've thus far failed to
> find info about the frequencies. Can I assume that buses among cities
> like Salta, Cordoba, Mendoza, La Rioja, et al to have at least daily
> schedule?  Any tip on websites with such information kept up to date?

The Retiro Station website might be helpful:

http://www.tebasa.com.ar/paginas/buscador.html

It's in spanish only, and it's quite ugly. But you put the destination
name, and a list of the bus companies operating that destination will
appear. If you click in any of them, you'll see the company's
timetable. That will get you an idea of frequencies.

If you need any help with the spanish don't hesitate to ask.

Hope it helps,

Dario.-