[Debconf-discuss] Pick-pockets (sub-title: I had been warned).

Hi,

Yesterday was my first day Buenos Aires, so decided to go for a walk
down-town. I was careful for pick-pockets, as advised by a colleague from
Argentina however I really enjoyed my tour, I had a coffee in Puerto
Madero, etc. Then I decided to walk to Retiro, the bus station, to buy my
ticket for the next day...

Suddenly, to nice couple of people told me that I had a bird dropping on
my back. They offered some help to remove it. We cleaned my backpack with
their bottle of water and paper handkerchief to remove the
stains... Eventually I took off my jacket so we could clean it too (I
thought I had nothing but my dictionary in it). As we were cleaning my
jacket, the 2nd guy took my backpack to clean-it further. I've had a
suspicious look at what he was doing... a few seconds later a car
(looking quite like a taxi) showed up and they were gone... I even thank
them for their help...
Later, I noticed that my camera wasn't in my jacket any more... also they
took the bank notes and my credit card from my wallet (from my
back-pocket, stupid me).

Pickpocket, like email-spamming is business for some people... some of
them are real professionals and smart !

Do visit Buenos Aires[1], but be careful.

Franklin

[1] Of course, this apply to any large city where you are a tourist.