Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] DebConf9

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:

missed something).  BTW, my overall impression was that except of Japan the
connections between Asian countries and the Debian world I know are not very
strong.  There is Sun Wa Linux in China (basically Hongkong) that does really

Eh: Japan *and* Bhutan.....

Sorry - I missed your DebConf7 talk. :-(

Indeed, having a Debconf in Bhutan would rock, no? :-)
(maybe the bandwidth would be...hmmm...limited)

If you ask me *any* bandwidth would be better than broken DSL.  I spend
15 min every evening chatting with random service personal member of my
provider.  It's really hard to convince them if the DSL works in the
morning (if you and your neighbours are at work) and breaks in the evening
(when Telekom just has finished their checks successfully at working
hours).  :-(((

For a practical solution: A Debian mirror for DebConf use is certainly no
problem.  I wonder if we could do some kind of proxy for alioth that contains
a copy of all the archives and commits/merges changes to the real alioth.
So I'm thinking about any workaround to get a reasonable working environment
locally to circumvent the bandwidth problem to the outer world.  Probably
live streams will be hard to do.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--