Re: [Debconf-discuss] What to do on a sunday morning in London

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 01:43:06PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> due to some bad luck and bad timing, I have a rather bad connection back
> to Germany. I will take the night bus to London and arrive there 7:30 at
> Victoria Station. The Eurostar to Paris leaves at 13:30. That gives me 6
> hours to fill, while dragging along my luggage? I don???t mind to get a
> day pass for the underground.
>
> Any suggestions what to do? Maybe some nice park to look at (and to rest
> a bit more)? Sights that are compatible with a tired geek?

Take the district line from victoria underground station to south
kensington (should take 15 minutes or so, I think) and then follow the
signs through a tunnel to the science or natural history museums. Both
are free, large and quite interesting for a geek.

The only downside could be there will possibly be multiple noisy
children there, but if you get tired, you can go to one of the large
parks in the centre if the weather is nice.

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216