Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-team] visa-invitation letter: we need help

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 09:08 +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> I agree. So, I would like to suggest to ask people that need a
> visa-invitation letter to ask the local UK embassy for an example
> of a visa-invitation letter that will be appropriate for their
> visa application.
>
> That way, it will be the responsibility of the applicant to propose
> a visa-invitation letter for consideration of the debconf local
> team.

Certainly if applicants want particular things in their letters, they
can be added.

However, we *do* have a generally-applicable letter written: as Holger
mentioned, we just would like some more checks done before sending it
out, to make sure we haven't missed something/said something bad.

I suppose another way to do that checking would be to start sending out
the letters in phases, and see how the first people using them get
on....

--
Moray