Re: [Debconf-discuss] Train / Bus / Car to DebConf?

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 00:57 +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Going to Paris depends on where you are, of course, and I’m
> not sure what the cheapest option from London to Edinburgh are, of if
> there are combined offers.

At the moment the cheapest train option for London <> Edinburgh seems to
be buying single tickets (for fixed times) as early as possible online.
http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/Tickets/advancesingletickets.htm

Tickets usually go on sale 3 months before the date of travel.  I
haven't tried it, but supposedly you can get an email reminder when the
tickets you want become available:
http://fs3.emv2.com/uk/gner/join/webform.html

There are combined offers for UK travel plus Eurostar, see e.g.
http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/YourJourney/Eurostar.htm

--
Moray