[Debconf-discuss] Train / Bus / Car to DebConf?

Hi,

I’d like to go to DebConf and DebCamp by land, not only because of
ecological reasons, but also because I’m sure it could be quite fun if
we travel together. I’ll be leaving from Stuttgart or Karlsruhe, but one
could meet, for example, in Paris.

It is not necessary cheaper to go by train compared to flying, but it’s
not too expensive. It seems that you can get a ticket Paris-London on
the EuroStart starting 59£[1] (90€) both ways if you book in advance and
are lucky. Going to Paris depends on where you are, of course, and I’m
not sure what the cheapest option from London to Edinburgh are, of if
there are combined offers. It takes roughly 24h from Stuttgart to
Edinburgh.

An alternative might be a traveling by bus, although I did not check the
rates there yet.

Going by car makes only sense with 3 or 4 people (and drivers) and a
car.

So is anyone else interested in taking any of these paths? I’d like
attend both DebCamp and DebConf, so I’d prefer to travel on the weekends
of the 10th and 24th.

Greetings,
Joachim

[1] http://www.eurostar.com/UK/x_euro/leisure/travel_information/before_you_go/fares/london_ashford_to_paris.jsp