Re: [Debconf-discuss] Travel after DebConf

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 11:52:05PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Like last year some may want to stay longer and play tourist.
> If you are interested, I just created a wikipage for it:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf7/TripafterDebConf

I just added a link about the West Highland Line, which is a railroad
connecting Glasgow to Mallaigh.

Personal notes about it:

we took that train two years ago and it's definitely something I
suggest: no car required (of course), it takes you through wonderful
places, you can stop here and there along the line (for example, stop in
Fort Williams and climb the Ben Nevis, the highest mountain of
Scotland), and in Mallaigh take the ferry to the Island of Skye.

In the Island of Skye it is also easy to go around using the local bus
system, it's great for hiking and there are various Gaelic events.

People under 26 should be able to buy a young person railcard and get a
significant discount on the train ticket; I don't know if they offer
group discount fares.

Ciao,

Enrico