Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk != BOF

Hi,

> > I find, looking at the proceedings for the first time
> > as I write this mail, that other papers are definitely more worthwhile,
>
> can you come up with a criteria of when to ask for a paper and
> when not? that would make your comment even more productive. (c:

How's the following:

Technical paper; require a paper.

Social talk; do no require a paper.

My personal opinion is that we were heavier on social talks compared
to technical talks, and technical talks without a paper is lacking
preparation. Distributing PDFs of technical papers before debconf
starts might be a good idea. It might be good idea not to have a
paper-based proceedings since that increases cost and risk, and gives
pressures on the preparation timeline.

Anyway, my personal opinion, and impression.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project