Re: [Debconf-discuss] Get your power connector converters!

Stefano Zacchiroli dijo [Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 11:19:45AM -0400]:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 08:21:15PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > It is still commonplace to find the older, not grounded [2]
> > connectors, but as Oaxtepec has just been remodeled, AFAICT all power
> > outlets you will find there are grounded.
>
> Here in the US I'm using a not grounded converter for the European power
> cord of my laptop. Just to make it straight: with not grounded I mean
> that it has two pin that plug into the wall and two holes for the
> original power cord plug.
>
> Do you know if that converter will work with the grounded power outlets
> in Oaxtepec? Here in the US it works, but there are countries (e.g.
> France IIRC) where if you fit push something into the ground hole of the
> outlet you wont get any power at all ...

Hmm... Well, "grounded" is sometimes a myth in Mexico. I am almost
sure Oaxtepec has a properly grounded installation, as it is basically
brand new... But in many places, the ground pin leads nowhere.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23