Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mexican water

Erinn Clark dijo [Fri, May 05, 2006 at 12:56:51AM -0400]:
> > > I've looked around a bit, but I can't seem to find anything on the dc6
> > > website or wiki pages that mention the dangers of drinking tap water in
> > > Mexico. I went to my doctor who gave me a prescription for Cipro
> >
> > I would refrain from using Cipro of Loperamide for as long as
> > possible. Did your doctor tell you that you have to take Cipro for
> > up to four days after the symptoms are gone, seven days at least?
> > I have met many travellers here from the US who just threw one or
> > two pills, then stopped. This is a very bad idea as some bacteria
> > may survive and quickly develop a resistance, so that Cipro won't be
> > of much use in the future for you.
> >
> > Instead, make sure to bring electrolyte solution and keep well
> > hydrated!
>
> Yes, Doc Martin, I do know to take antibiotics for the full amount of time.
>
> (I will be bringing tons of Pepto/Imodium, of course, and surviving on
> bottled water. The Cipro is only for a real emergency in case I become

And, please don't get yourself predisposed, you won't get ill. It's
not like if you were going to Mexico, anyway.

BTW: We have 24hr medical service just 200m away from the hotel. If
you get ill, you will get the electrolyte solution there, as wel as
even the meanest antibiotics.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23