Re: [Debconf-discuss] Room allocation

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 07:37:43PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>Say 6 people in a team would like to share room, but 3 of them attend
>to DebCamp, and the other 3 arrive a week later. I'd be interested in
>knowing whether there are economic constraints that will make it
>impossible for the room to be half-full during DebCamp (eg., some
>rooms are payed only for the week of conferences, and not for DebCamp;
>or they're all payed for both weeks, but eg. cleaning of the rooms can
>be payed for per room, so not having all of them occupied during
>DebCamp makes the organization save money), or if requesting this is OK.

During DebConf4 in Porto Alegre, Brazil the Hotel staff did the
relocation for us to minimize costs. Probably marga could do the
relocation based on the arrival and depature dates.

If the hotel day starts at 10:00, for example, people will move
their stuff to another room on their last day if they leave after
10:00. The hotel staff in Porto Alegre was very helpful with that
as well.

Best Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--