Re: [Debconf-discuss] Oaxtepec's map

Christian Perrier dijo [Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 08:18:34AM +0200]:
> Is that realistic to imagine doing it with a taxi ?
>
> I'll arrive (along with Mohamed Adnène Trojette and Raphaël Hertzog)
> on May 14th early, so that first conference day (thanks to the
> misunderstanding of the conference schedule, back in December when I
> booked my tickets...:-|)
>
> I assume that nothing will be really organized for this day, so we'd
> better be on ourselves....
>
> On the other hand, I don't really want to spend hours in busses and
> miss most of the first conference day, so I'm already considering
> coming with a taxi if that sounds possible.
>
> Another possibility would of course be some kind local person..:-)

http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6BestWayFromAirportEnglish

The price for a straight taxi from the airport to Oaxtepec should be
$1250 (US$118) for a van with up to seven people, or $900 (US$85) for
a car with up to three people. That is, if you have a group arriving
together, the van is your best choice even pricewise. Going by taxi to
the bus station and by bus from there will probably be not over 1hr
longer - the taxi to the bus station costs $172 (US$16) and the bus
from there to Oaxtepec costs around $65 (US$5.50) (sorry, I don't have
the exact price here - I remember it's somewhere in the wiki)

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23