Re: Configuring X in the laptops provided by the organization

> On 20050711T112625+0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >   The "trident" driver from the X11 shipped in Sarge does not recognize
> >   the card at all. I've upgraded to X.org (the backport from gravity's
> >   packages made by nobse) and I seem to get higher resolutions, but then
> >   only in a part of the screen (there's like a thick black margin
> >   surrounding the useable area).

> I'm using the backported Xorg vesa driver in 1024x768 mode just fine,
> after recreating the config from scratch using dpkg-reconfigure.

  Yeah right, this works, even in 24 bit mode. I was trying the trident
  driver, which didn't work.

  Thanks to all who responded. :)

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Under capitalism, man exploits man.
Under communism, it's just the opposite.
                -- J.K. Galbraith