Re: Configuring X in the laptops provided by the organization

Hi,

note to the reception: if there are any Tekras left, the video team yesterday
discussing having a 2nd Tekra as a presentation laptop would be handy. (IIRC
then we could give away one ibm laptop, IIRC.)

On Monday 11 July 2005 12:33, Henning Sprang wrote:
> They should normally be running 1024x768 with a backported xorg when you
> got it. We tried to do it without backport and xfree for days and didn't
> succeed.

In case of the Toshiba Tekras we actually succeed (Saturday night that was),
so you just need to run "fai -N softupdate".

In case you were one of the really ones and the fai command is not available,
contact Henning or me - or better, first try to put

deb http://layer-acht.org/ fai-files/

into /etc/apt/sources.list, apt-get install fai and run the above command.

Fixing the Systemmax laptops in fai should also be pretty trivial now. Time to
do it might be an issue.

regards,
	Holger