Re: Help with wireless

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> But when I run wpa_supplicant (with the config shown in the wiki) it's not
> configured (wpa_supplicant -w -iwlan0 -Dndiswrapper) :

 Did you raise the interface up (ifconfig wlan0 up) before
 running wpasupplicant? And please check that no supplicant
 is running before running iwconfig.

 Also, for others: if link quality is hovering around 30-35 and
 you can only see one or two access points, it's no use trying,
 it just won't work. Between 40-50 it just might work, and around
 60 or more is needed for reliable connection.

 I had some fun in fourth floor today when wlan connection
 went down everytime the elevator came up.

 Also, people, please do not move the AP's from where we
 have put them. If you move it for example behind a radiator,
 it will become useless for people on the other side of the
 metal radiator.

 		--j