Re: DebConf-7 ;)

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 02:03:50AM +0300, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> Actually I think that would be a nice idea. We could start light -
> each compeating city makes a presentation, puts it up in current
> Debconf + on the web and then one of two could happen:
> * random choice after eliminating those that seam not to be ready/willing enough
> * GR !!! double votes for all DD's present at the current Debconf !!!

This heavily biases the event to stay in the same area.

Another organization that I am part of (worldcon.org) has an exclusion
zone (currently 500 miles) to avoid having the local attendees vote to
keep it in the same place all the time.  They also have a voting fee
so only people actually interested vote.  (That includes a supporting
membership in the voted for convention, and is the cheapest way to
continue attending regularly for those that plan years in advance.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html