Re: last two visa questions

[The Linux-Aktivaattori server outage affects our email, so I'm taking
the liberty of giving some advice here. Aschwin is unreachable by his
Linux-Aktivaattori address at this time. I've spoken to Aschwin and we
agreed to proceed like this.]

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 09:32 +0400, Anton Martchukov wrote:
> Could somebody help me with correctly answering on the following question:
>
> 1. Who is paying for your costs of travelling and for your costs of
> living during your stay?
>
> The two appropriate answers:
>
> - Myself
> - Host company (state who and how and present corresponding document)
>
> I think that I should mark both options since I pay travelling and food
> costs myself, but plan to live in HUT in my sleeping bag, but how can I
> correctly write it in the application? I should present "corresponding
> document", imho, the invitation I received should be enought, but what
> to answer on "state who and how"?

If you are allowed, then it sounds like you should mark both options.

As for who and how, you could put
who: Linux-aktivaattori ry
how: Living in conference accommodation quarters.

Or if they mean "how did you get the invitation" then I guess you have
to shortly explain how you found out about DebConf. :)

And I think the invitation is enough for "corresponding document".

In any case, I would suggest that you ask for more details from whoever
is handling the visa application -- the embassy or other official. They
can probably explain what is meant by the different questions. If you
then need more details, please ask and we'll provide what you need.

> And also I need to answer on the following:
>

> 2. Name of host company in the Schengen States and contact person in
> host company. If not applicable, give name or hotel or temporary address
> in the Scengen States, the fields I should fill out are "Name",
> "Telephone and telefax", "Full address", "E-mail address".
>
> I think that the "host company" should be Linux-Aktivaattori and I just
> need to fill out the correct details, but I can't find the correct ones,
> it seems that linux-aktivaattori.org web site is down.

I'll mail you these details privately.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>