Re: Conditions for disabled persons

* Florian Ragwitz (florian.ragwitz@s2004.tu-chemnitz.de) [050511 09:38]:
> Hello,
>
> I recently decided that I'd like to travel to debconf5. I'd like to
> attend there with my girlfriend who's severely handicapped (she's
> dependent on her wheel chair). So she would like to know about the
> conditions for her to stay there for a week. Especially she would like
> to know about the situation of handicapped accessible toilets and stuff.

Please enlighten me if i am wrong, but the handrails besides the
toilets are for using the bathroom *allone*, right? There is
quite a lot of space besides the toilets, so it should be
possible to navigate a wheelchair in the toilets, but I did *not*
see any handrails in the toilets in the dorm. Otherwise all doors are wide
enough for wheelchairs and the elevator reaches all floors and
the house was build with handicapted in mind (so the owner told
us when we asked).

> I also didn't find much information about requesting traveling support.
> Am I allowed to request it even if I'm not an official DD (I'm still
> waiting on the DAM to check my report) and what information do I need to
> provide for a proper request?

you are a wee bit late for sponsorship requests. if you send me your
travel details privately I can put you in the queue and you might
get some money if we have some left *after* the conference and
everything else is payed, but i would not bet on it.