Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 19:38 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> So, if that's the case, are there special recommendations for these or
> am I just too deeply worrying?
[...]
> So, all of you living in the place, do you have any advice for us poor
> white and thin skins?

Hi!

Yes there is a risk of getting eaten alive :)If you seek out a swamp or
forest and camp there. But I don't think you need to worry, Helsinki is
on the coast so it is likely a good breeze will be going most of the
time, at least enough to keep the mosquitos at bay.

There are some things that you can do to minimize the discomfort, would
it happen that you do get bitten. Sauna is a good way to get the itching
reduced. There are also gels and such, to be bought at pharmacies, to
reduce the itching and/or swelling. Then there are repellents but they
seldom work.

--
Jonna Rämö <jonna@paniq.net>