Re: red "leatherman" found at debconf

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:35:59PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Oh, also thanks for the coffeemaker (small one to put on a stove), whoever
> forgot that :-) I'm using it daily atm... (but also would give it back...)

The coffee maker is an Italian "Moka"[1] by Micah[2], possibly one of
the best coffee machine (the other best being the "Napoletana"[3]).

So, you should thank Micah, who said he'd be happy if the coffee machine
would fall in hands who can appreciate it, as it happens to be.

One note: never, ever, EVER wash it with detergent: just water.  The
value of the machine and quality of the cofee increases with time as a
thin layer of coffee forms on the aluminium.  When you buy a new moka,
you're supposed to make coffee 2 or 3 times and throw it away, because
coffee made on the bare aluminium would be bad.  If you wash with
detergent, it'll wash away some of this layer, and you'd send the
fruitful ripening of the machine a bit back in time.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1]
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka
  http://www.bialettiusa.com/bialetti/
[2]
  http://www.enricozini.org/galleries/2004-05-Brasile/enrico/thumb/dscf0268-1-0.html
  (featuring the unpronounceable quartet Micah, Mako, Mika and the Moka)
[3]
  http://www.etnoshop.it/ZPage/AltriArticoli.htm
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>