Re: Two minutes' silence ?!

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> You might argue, I suppose, that this event is unique because it
> involves (i) a single (ii) recent event killing (iii) around 100
> (iv) european (v) civilians (vi) deliberately.  But that seems to me
> to be cherry-picking the criteria - you need most of those to

You are always either cherry-picking with some random criteria or not
doing things like this at all. I think it is within the rights of the
organizers to participate in a silence endorsed by the hosting
country, and then again, it is of course the right of each participant
to either participate or not.

Let's face it, Media Events get more attention than others. The
Finnish Red Cross got an all time record of donations during the Asian
Tsunami aftermath, even though there are famines in Africa each year
which kill more people.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *