ANNOUNCEMENT: Group photo info

Hi all,

First a reminder that the group photo session will be organized today (Tue)
at 16:00 at the HUT main building. The place is on the way from the dorms to
CSD. There will be volunteers guiding people from CSD, dorms and the hacklab
leaving at around 15:40.

You will have an opportunity to order a printed photo (size 23x15 cm, on
good quality photo paper) for the price of 60 cents. We will take orders
right after the photo session so don't disappear immediately after it if you
want a printed photo. You'll get the prints on Thursday or Friday, they will
be available at the infodesk.

The digital version (both raw directly from the camera and processed
tiff/jpeg) will of course also be made available. Jarno Elonen already
volunteered to make an imagemap.

For the hardware we are planning to use my Canon EOS 350D (8 megapixel CMOS)
with Canon 17-85 mm EFS Zoom lens. If someone has a camera with even higher
resolution or professional Canon L-series lens we'd naturally be happy to
use them.

Would someone like to volunteer to do the image processing before printing?
I can do basic adjustments such as a little sharpening using unsharp mask in
Gimp, adjusting lightness/contrast etc. (which will most likely produce an
acceptable result) but if there are people with a lot of experience on image
processing we're happy to get help here.

Cheers,

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info