Re: Configuring X in the laptops provided by the organization

On 20050711T112625+0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>   The "trident" driver from the X11 shipped in Sarge does not recognize
>   the card at all. I've upgraded to X.org (the backport from gravity's
>   packages made by nobse) and I seem to get higher resolutions, but then
>   only in a part of the screen (there's like a thick black margin
>   surrounding the useable area).

I'm using the backported Xorg vesa driver in 1024x768 mode just fine,
after recreating the config from scratch using dpkg-reconfigure.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho                  http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.info/

		Blogi - http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/
                 Toys - http://www.cc.jyu.fi/yhd/toys/