devilserver1 and devilserver2 open for development... (was Re: 64-bit machines available?)

Hi,

On Monday 11 July 2005 09:44, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Yes. From the debconf5 network, you can access 'develserver1' or
> 'develserver2' which are both amd64 machines. You can log in with your
> wireless username/password (i.e., deb-7tc6 plus my passphrase in my
> case). This will not work from the CSD, however -- that network is at
> the wrong side of a firewall.

develserver1 runs amd_64 kernel, but i386 userland. develserver2 runs i386.
(both are dual opterons in fact.)

as develserver1 runs no services and is (also wrongly) installed with etch
instead of sarge, we might decide today to reinstall it with pure amd_64
(instead of downgrading.)

both machines have woody, etch, sarge and sid chroots and dchroot is
installed.

develserver2 exports via nfs a complete debian mirror (all archs, all
distributions) to the .debconf5.net, which is mounted on develserver1.

regards & have fun,
	Holger 		(thread broken on purpose :-)