Re: -announce list?

El mié, 06-07-2005 a las 11:38 -0400, Andres Salomon escribió:
> Hi,
>
> The -event list is getting a bit higher traffic than I'd like;
> especially with stuff like daily meetup chatter.  Would it be possible
> to get an -announce list created, with important announcements?  I'm
> really only interested in important announcements, a few specific -event
> threads that can be read via archives, and the results of certain
> threads (ie, a simple "install xsupplicant before coming!" announce mail
> would suffice, I don't need to read 30 different emails about the
> spectre of WPA, etc).

 Why not mark those announcements somehow in the subject line?
Subscribing to another list can be a pain. I understand your point, but
I guess that if announcements are marked as such, we cope with both
situations: people who want the list to comment about different things
and people who only want to read such announcements.

 Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org