Boat to small islands in Espoo

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:33:33PM +0300, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:

> > If it's so hot... is the necessary equipment to do a bbq available?
>
> You can take a boat to one of the small islands. They have public
> infrastructure for BBQs including wood.

Hi,

The boat p2 refers to is this one:

http://english.espoo.fi/xsl_perussivu_alasivuilla.asp?path=5731;10948;11534;41687;41738

There are only three waterbuses per day so it's not for doing a little bit
of barbeque in the middle of hacking. But it makes a very nice half-day or
day trip (or overnight trip if you have a tent), I can certainly recommend
it if you like nature! Take your own food and drinks, most of the islands
don't have any shops or restaurants around.

The pier is very close to the dorm, just go to the shore and you'll see it.
The price is 4 euros (2 euros for students) one way. You can actually make
one stop and continue still with the same ticket to some other island on the
next boat, but need to buy another ticket to for the return trip.

Bach to the original question: there's a place to do barbeque at Rantasauna
(the biggest sauna), but that's not available without renting the sauna so
that'll be the evening of the daytrip only. I don't remember if there are
equipment available elsewhere. Some students who live in Otaniemi have
grills but they've just had to move out to make room for the athletic
championships.

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info