Re: relocating people to designated rooms

On 2005-07-06 Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> wrote:
> Previously Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Could stuff like this be sent in a format that is viewable
> > without special applications? According to
> > packages.debian.org gnumeric can export to html, which would do
> > nicely.

> html is just as special as gnumeric, so I don't see the point.
> Either go for pure text or use gnumeric.

Hello,
If you think there is no difference between "viewable by probable less
than 32%" and "viewable by more than 98%"[1] you are clearly right.

I doubt there are that many computers around which are used for reading
mail and which do not have some kind of webbrowser (e.g. w3m)
installed. OTOH gnumeric will be missing on every window machine (and
also a big number of debian machines, judging by popcon). On top of
that html is also viewable in webmail clients.

html is just the lowest common denominator for stuff ascii is
insufficient.
            cu andreas
[1] I came up with these number by writing down different combinations
until they looked convincing. ;-)
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/