Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer -yes, there are a few!

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:50:15 +0200, Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 19:38, Christian Perrier wrote:
To my knowledge, mosquitos are being quite rude in various places in
Scandinavia and especially Finland (they are also well know to be very
aggressive in so-called Baltic countries as well).

My own son has hard knowledge of them after two weeks spent near
Rovaniemi. He bringed back two quite interesting legs (OK, I know that
Rovaniemi is quite far from HEL...but HEL area has lakes too..:-))).

 I can attest to the rudeness and SIZE of the mosquitoes in Troms,
Northern Norway, too.  However, this has little bearing on the size,
numbers and attitude of insects you encounter along the coast, much
further south.  The weather, the vegetation and the fauna are _very_
different.

 Now that I am here, I can confirm that there ARE quite a few large
mosquitoes here.  Otaniemi is at the outer fringe of Helsinki, with
lots of woods, grass and water.

--
Herman Robak