Re: Airport and HUT satellite pics?

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 12:00 +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005, W. Borgert wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:18:29AM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > > HUT, centered on the Dorm.
> > >
> > > http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=60.312281,24.965787&spn=0.035225,0.032412&t=k&hl=en
> >
> > Wrong link, I suppose: It's the airport again.
>
>  http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=60.312281,24.965787&spn=0.035225,0.032412&t=k&hl=en
>
>  That's the right one. Those pictures seem to be at least couple years old,
>  as the new dorm buildings are not there..

hmm, they not only optically look the same in the browser - compare the
numbers above...

I think you are tricked by the nasty fact ( I accidentally found out),
that the google maps navigation function is client side, and the URL in
the navigation bar doesn't change when scrolling, only when hitting on
"link to this page" - or just copy the link behind "link to this page"
if you wanna send it. There we go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=60.193920,24.837770&spn=0.056262,0.081050&t=k&hl=en