network status update & key handling

Hi,

we've got a /23 network segment (with no incoming connections from outside the
network, we cann access it from CSD/Smokki/Dorm), dhcp+dns (.debconf5.hut.fi)
is up and running, the APs are being set up _now_ (might / might not work
later today, we'll see), we wont use WPA but EAP, install the xsupplicant
package, see below. (EAP is supposed to work with all hardware, wired or
wireless.) We'll have wireless network at the dorms, in smökki (hacklab) and
CSD (auditoriums).

Every dorm room has only one network plug connected (the one with the odd
number), so bring some hubs/switch to share the net with your roommates. And
dont connect your APs, otherwise .debconf5.hut.fi will be disconnected!

You will only get one key for your room, a responsible for the key (first one
who comes, normally, but can be changed) will have to pay a deposit of 10e
for the key. Be careful with the key, as we dont have a master key, so in
case you loose it/forget it in the room we have to call some service, which
will charge around 40-80e _from_you_ . (If the responsible person leaves
debconf5 before the others this responsibilty has to be transfered...)

In case the key gets lost the deposit will be used to make a copy of the key.
But nobody will loose it, right?

Ah, and last and definitly not least: the weather is nice, the people are
friendly and we're having a good time allready!

kind regards,
	Holger

Package: xsupplicant
 This software allows a workstation to authenticate with a
 RADIUS server using 802.1x and the EAP protocol. It can be
 used for computers with wired or wireless LAN connections
 to complete a strong authentication before joining the
 network and supports the dynamic assignment of WEP keys.
 .
 Homepage: http://open1x.org