Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

OK, I'll be the dumb guy who is getting ridicule and asks: what the
fu^W hell is WPA? I mean, in real life language..:-)

WPA is the latest generation of "wireless encryption", the previous
generations having been cracked. Wireless encryption seems to be good
for two things: making sure no-one can trivially eavesdrop on
communications and giving one more option on how to limit access to a
wireless network. The former is (in my opinion) not useful enough, the
latter can be done via other means.
Fine so far.  But if I use ssh in any case were is the difference?

What do I have to do differently if I want to make use of this new shiny
WPA latest and greatest encryption method and how can I find out whether
this works with *my* laptop.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--