Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:

Yes.  I will also need a cable if WPA is the only wifi option.

OK, I'll be the dumb guy who is getting ridicule and asks: what the
fu^W hell is WPA? I mean, in real life language..:-)
There are at least two of us dumb guys. ;-)
Even if I would know what this means in real live I would like to know
how my chances are to get a WLAN connection with my Centrino based
laptop.  Regarding to those stuff I'm a quite dumb user and become
angry when something does not work and I have to read lots of docs
instead of doing some reasonabel development for Debian.

My experiences where: I did not got the WLAN working on three conferences
in Germany and one in Greece.  It worked inside the Lufthansa flight (!!)
to Beijing and on the conference in Beijing perfectly.  I just have an
aditional PCMCIA card with me if something fails as fallback.

I have no idea about all these funny abbreviations and I would love to
stay that dumb and anybody would give me a very simple recipe (=simple
enough for people like me) what to do when I want to have a wireless
connection.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--