Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 06:43:55PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> My recommendation is to just live through it.  Finnish mosquitos do not
> usually carry diseases, so it's mostly a nuisance.  Besides, mosquitos
> are less commonplace in urban areas.

I would say the same. Besides, mosquito bites are not that bad, the
only times I remember being really annoyed about them is when there
have been LOTS of mosquitoes (which will not happen in Otaniemi where
Debconf is held, you might meet a few though).

If you are unlucky, wasps can get a bit aggressive, especially if you
are eating some sweet food while hacking. Their bites are considerably
more painful, but not dangerous like in some tropical areas.

AJT

--
Arto Teras --- See http://www.iki.fi/ajt/ for contact info