Re: Clarifications before the next meeting

also sprach Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> [2015-02-04 07:27 +0100]:
> * Document that we will make the Cape Town "dodgyness" map (nobody
>   expects us to make it unless we win).

See IRC discussion. In a nutshell, I'd defer to the tourism bureau
on this who probably have those materials and presumably can send
you a batch as they do for other events too. It's too messy to do
this ourselves and would actually open the can of worms of
liability, wouldn't it?

> * Get a dirt cheap catering quote:
>   - UCT Club buffet is R75
> * Fuller catering quote

Good idea. And then we can build upon that.

> * Fuller bathroom sizes (shower:room ratio, at least)

Low-prio I'd say. Too few people shower at DebConf anyway! ;)

> * Breakwater prices
> * Gunnar preferred one venue. We should probably make it clear that UCT
>   Upper campus is our venue, and the other two are backups that have had
>   some research.

Yes, this seems like the sensible path of least resistance. DebConf
orga doesn't really know how to deal with multiple equally developed
venue options (yet?) (cf. dc15), although that does not mean you can't
go down that road and e.g. use options to negotiate better prices.
It's just a question of what you call them.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"imagine if every thursday your shoes exploded if you
 tied them the usual way. this happens to us all the time
 with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
                                                        -- jeff raskin